Wednesday, August 9, 2017

?My father died in his sleep last year. Right after my...



"My father died in his sleep last year. Right after my birthday. I didn't have a good relationship with him. He left the family when I was ten. We had good moments but we were never really close. I wanted him to understand me. I wanted him to realize that I needed support, and love, and somebody to take care of me. I needed him to say 'I'm sorry.' But he never did. Whenever we talked, all he cared about was getting across his side of the story. And then he died. And now I have to forgive someone who can't say 'I'm sorry.' I feel like I'm playing this game of chess. And I have to keep making moves, or nothing will ever change. Except that there's nobody sitting across from me anymore. And I can only guess the moves that he'd make."

(St. Petersburg, Russia)

No comments:

Post a Comment